Want to learn German? Wir sprechen Deutsch.
Our motto is “Lernen ist genial,” or “Learning is pure genius.” “Genial” in English means pleasant and fun, too. We aim for all of the above, for all interested students! Click here to see our teaching philosophy. Click here to see our affordable Tuition (coming very soon!).
Sophie Scholl Schule has a place for you, beginner, advanced or somewhere in between!
- Preschoolers soak up language through song and play,
- Grade schoolers move from reading and writing simple sentences to full stories,
- Middle schoolers need to be engaged. They learn through games, skits and plays, and dialogue.
- High schoolers can explore a new language or leverage oral fluency into written and oral sophistication.
- Adults find a place in the beginners’ class or one for those who want to polish and expand their existing skills.
- Staff experiment with teaching materials and formats, including theme days, where everyone explores one subject, like “Life in the city” or “Science experiments."
10:00a-12:30p, German American School of Portland,
3900 SW Murray Blvd., Beaverton, OR. (exit 67 off of Sunset Hwy)
6:30p-8:00p, Bethel UCC, 5150 SW Watson, Beaverton, OR
We are so excited to share these excellent learning spaces.
Special classes: Our Wednesday night class for preteens with strong German skills integrates high academic standards into a type of kids’ club: Students practice their verbal memory with acting exercises, make up games to build vocabulary, or read and discuss novels and short stories to develop their skills with complex ideas. We help students develop age-appropriate skills in grammar, written and oral analysis, etc, while keeping German fun.
Saturdays (Beaverton): We are offering a class for high-achieving teens who may want to study abroad. The Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSD II) is recognized as the Abitur, or qualifying test, for German for students abroad. This test will be offered in December 2012: Register early and participate in occasional summer activities (enrollment minimums apply). Basic information about the testing standard is available in German and English. While the brochures present a simple picture ,this test requires college-level thinking as well as language skills!
First Presbyteriann Church, 114 SW 8th St.
For more information, click here.
Click here to view the 2012-13 school calendar.
For other general questions, please see our Q & A page or email us.
Sophie Scholl Schule provides its programs in cooperation with the ZfA, the Zentralstelle für das Auslandsschulwesen, an outreach of the German government.
Beste Grüße von
Dr. Lynn E. Ries
Summercamp 2013 Enrollment Started!